Bivibag Education Data Protection Statement
By agreeing to the following Data Protection Statement, you are giving your permission for us to process your personal data via the Bivibag Virtual Learning Environment (“VLE”) for the purposes of teaching, learning and research. Bivibag Education will also process your personal data as part of the administration of your studies with us.
The Bivibag VLE is hosted in the EU by ICDSoft at their Equinix Datacentre in Frankfurt http://icdsoft.com/datae.php. However, some aspects will be hosted by third parties under Bivibag Education’s contract. Bivibag Ltd. and contracted third parties will deal with your personal data in accordance with the principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
The information we will collect about you
- External users: on registering with the Bivibag VLE, we will collect your name, personal or business email address and a contact address. You may choose to add a photograph of yourself to the VLE if you wish.
- Bivibag staff: Bivibag will collect your name and personal email address.
- Enrolled learners at Bivibag : Bivibag already collects this information at the time of learner registration. The VLE is integrated with the learner records database.
The personal data collected will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes stated above
In order to use the Bivibag VLE you must have ‘cookies enabled’ on your web browser. We collect your information by cookies. Cookies are small file structures used by the VLE to ‘request’ information from the computer which you are using. This information is then returned to the VLE and stored.
By agreeing to this Data Protection Statement, you agree to allow certain information about you to be collected from the VLE.
- The types of information we collect may include usage statistics, for example when users last logged into the system, when they accessed certain activities, or when they uploaded their assignments.
- We use this information to help improve our services by ensuring that the material and content of the courses match with the users’ requirement and also to make sure users are not having problems with access.
- The usage statistics are visible to the VLE administrators and may be visible to your course tutors and, where applicable, authorised users from your employer’s organisation.
Who will have access to your information?
- Fellow learners on your course and authorised persons, for example external examiners and placement supervisors, will have access to your name, email address, photograph and any discussion comments you make.
- You and your fellow learners will be able to view each other’s profiles.
- Only you and authorised persons will have access to your assessment information.
Disclaimer: Please note that:
- Bivibag reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any of the content which appears on the VLE or dicussion forums at any time and without prior notice.
- The VLE may contain links to other websites outside of our control and that Bivibag is not responsible for the content or accessibility of these sites.